Monday, April 14, 2008

Still learning about patience

I am still learning a ton about patience! I really am trying to be patient, but it is so hard because in my timing, almost two years is forever! To God that's another story. I have no other reason to not have what I want other than it is not God's timing and that is really hard too! I love God and want to patiently wait on Him and His timing but I am really bad at it after a while. I have still given my delima up to Him and have not taken it back, just questioning His timing? Asking things like "Are you sure? Still not yet?" But why can others have what I want & I cannot and they may not deserve it as much as me? To which he answered with verses in Job. How can you compete with Job? (my daily reading was in Job.) Plus who am I really that I deserve it any more than anyone else? God has a way of taking you off your high horse when you are in the wrong. I am not the only one with this struggle and just keep praying He will show me His way and I am sure His plan is perfect and will all make sense when it comes to pass, but the waiting is the most difficult part. He knows this is my struggle. I prayed for patience when I first came to God in college and He has been instilling it in me ever since. (*note to self: watch what you ask for God to show, because you will surely receive it)

2 comments:

Amber said...

At least you know that it is still God's timing and not yours. Funny I should read this now after Mike and I just had a conversation about how sometimes we think we're entitled to something because things haven't been going so well or because its never "our turn". It is never a good idea to feel that way but I must say, I'm guilty of it! I'll be praying for you, friend. Hope you're having a good week=0)

Christina said...

I'm praying for you too Rachel. We love you guys!