1 1/3 cup flour
1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
2 Tbsp + 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup melted butter
1) Mix cereal, flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2) Cut in shortening until coarse crumbs.
3) Add milk and stir making thick dough.
4) Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls
5) Mix pumpkin pie spice and remaining sugar in a dish and drop balls into melted butter and then roll in pumpkin pie sugar mixture.
6) Place together in greased pan and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
Note: I did make them as individual balls but they are better placed together, they don't dry out as much. The picture above is of them individual and not in a small pan placed together.