Friday, March 30, 2012

Ribs Anyone?


I love ribs, I LOVE RIBS! And I LOVE my crock-pot so I have been looking for a crock-pot recipe and found one that sounded pretty good. I thought I would try it with a few tweaks. I used boneless ribs or country ribs this time. They have a little less fat since they are really just pork loin chops made to look like "ribs".

Oooey Gooey Ribs
2 - 4 lbs pork ribs
1 small onion chopped (or 1/2 cup frozen diced)
1 tsp Cajun seasoning (I Love Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp molasses
2 tsp Dijon
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt



Combine the ingredients together and mix well.



Pour it over the ribs in the crockpot Mix well and put the lid on it.


Set for High for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8.
No Peaking!

Tip #1 If you open your crock-pot lid then it takes it around 20 minutes to regain its temprature!


Tip#2: I LOVE pre-diced onions in the freezer section because I HATE chopping onions!

No comments: