Sunday, June 21, 2009

May garden


I know its a little late in posting it but here are a few pics of the beginning of our garden. It has grown so much more with the 8 plus inches of rain we have had in June. I will post those soon...


Some lettuce in a container garden

Nine rows of veggies: Mixed lettuce & cucumber together, brussels sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, jalepenos, canteloupe, watermelon, and leaf lettuce.

The strawberries were really great. The one and only one we got to eat. Something is eatting them, we put coffee grounds out which is supposed to scare away squirrels but we have a little hole in the back yard in our hill and we think we may have a chipmunk. I bet that is what is havin my berries for a snack, that and my basil. Yummy combo huh? I was going to post new pictures of the garden but the batteries to my camera have croaked and I need to get some new rechargable ones. Well as soon as I get them, I will post the current pictures of the garden and the fun things I did this weekend with my sewing machine.

Got to go to Clementines too! WOO hoo! Love that store! I cannot wait to get started on the new quilt. I really need those batteries to get some new pictures.

No comments: