Monday, June 01, 2009

My Sewing Machine

Sew Mamma Sew is doing a questionnaire on their blog about what type of machine you have, so here is mine:

What brand and model do you have?
Singer Confidence
How long have you had it?
1 week
How much does that machine cost (approximately)?
$500 but I got it for $300; they upgraded me since my other Confidence Quilter had some mechanical issues.
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)? Quilts, clothing, home dec & handbags; generally anything that sounds fun!
How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get?
I try to sew at least twice a week for a couple hours
Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?
I LOVE my machine! No name yet.
What features does your machine have that work well for you?
It runs very smoothly and I love that the feed dogs go down (my last machine did not & it was very hard to quilt)
Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
Not yet, too new
Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree?
Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
My hubby bought it for me for Christmas.
Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?
Yes, I really like it. It is new and it has so many stitches!
What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?
I wanted a machine with a few decorative stitches and a wide arm for quilting. I also wanted a drop in bobbin case.
Do you have a dream machine? Oh yeah, I would love a long arm quilter!

No comments: